[x] Please registar to use this forum
Inverclyde Community Forums
Hello September 30, 2014, 12:47:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenock webcams  (Read 20062 times)
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« on: December 26, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Greenock and the River Clyde cam 1

http://saitek1.camstreams.com/

Greenock and the River Clyde Cam 2

http://saitek2.camstreams.com/
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Best viewed during the day I take it.. 

Greenock got its name from the Green Oak Tree
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:18:18 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Bit dark, though I guess that is a view across the river, but will await till tomorrow when its day light to confirm.

Never knew these here, any other cams of Greenock?

The largest of a group of reservoirs in Inverclyde, Loch Thom lies to the west of the Gryfe Reservoirs, 3 miles (5 km) southwest of Greenock. It was built 1825-7 as the principal part of a scheme to provide water to Greenock.
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

go ahead make my day

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
Go Up Go Down

looks good

Smile it might not happen, but living in greenock there is a 99% chance it will
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

Mood:Okay
Okay

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 01:59:57 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Greenock and the River Clyde cam 1

http://saitek1.camstreams.com/

Greenock and the River Clyde Cam 2

http://saitek2.camstreams.com/

I have these sites posted on my bebo from quite a while back.  Quite interesting and can have some good views on a clear day when viewed on full screen.
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »
Go Up Go Down

The views change everyday, trying to make out where webcam 1 is now, hard to tell. A field with a high flat in the distance.

Looks like its from someones back garden

(Hidden)
Administrator

Activity
0%

Mood:Happy
Happy

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:31:41 PM »
Go Up Go Down

The views change everyday, trying to make out where webcam 1 is now, hard to tell. A field with a high flat in the distance.

Looks like its from someones back garden

Just had a wee look myself, its hard to make out where that is. But it does look like high flats in the distance
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
Go Up Go Down

the webcam is situated up the old largs road just about where the whinhill golf course is bit murky the day its usually pointed right on the river just about where the cranes are at the container terminal. and when ships are in cam owner robert. zooms in and follows progress of ships up or down river. often see subs and warships doing their trials and of course zooms in and follows the cruise ships coming up the clyde early mornings and leaving again at night. lot of times at night its zoomed across the water at helensburgh.if robert is in he will move the cam about for u if you ask. hope thats enogh info for you
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »
Go Up Go Down

the webcam is situated up the old largs road just about where the whinhill golf course is bit murky the day its usually pointed right on the river just about where the cranes are at the container terminal. and when ships are in cam owner robert. zooms in and follows progress of ships up or down river. often see subs and warships doing their trials and of course zooms in and follows the cruise ships coming up the clyde early mornings and leaving again at night. lot of times at night its zoomed across the water at helensburgh.if robert is in he will move the cam about for u if you ask. hope thats enogh info for you

Great stuff, justed clicked on that link after Green Oak posted and noticed it had changed.

I'll log in more now. Cheers guys

The largest of a group of reservoirs in Inverclyde, Loch Thom lies to the west of the Gryfe Reservoirs, 3 miles (5 km) southwest of Greenock. It was built 1825-7 as the principal part of a scheme to provide water to Greenock.
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Big thanks to Robert!!!

I'll log in from work more to see what is going on, on the Clyde.

(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Quiet day on the Clyde

(Hidden)

Activity
0%

Okay

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
Go Up Go Down

The webcams are looking like a scene from a Christmas card this morning with the snow on the hills, beautiful.
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

Okay

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
Go Up Go Down

How gorgeous is Robert's webcam today:  http://saitek1.camstreams.com/    Like a Christmas card. Days like these you appreciate our local scenery.
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

Sunrise at our house, Monsoon season.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
Go Up Go Down

I just looked at the webcams and yes it does look loke a Christmas card, it looks like that oot ma windae tae, the only thing is I`m here in Northern Arizona and have just lit the log stove as it`s getting chilly, Cheers to everyone in Greenock & The Port.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:42:42 PM by (Hidden) » Logged

PORTBOY
(Hidden)

Activity
0%

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
Go Up Go Down

aye a really nice view on both cams today. its very good when the cruise ships come in. robert usually follows them up river on arriving early morning about 7.am and follows them leaving in the evening usually about 6pm lot more this year than last or year before. think they start about april.the inverclydenow usually gives u a list of ships due if u go to site and click on shipping you can see them all. queen mary comes in late this year oct or nov. was great this year and the year before for the qe2 cam was mobbed  lots couldnt get in. so if u want to see the queen mary send me a fiver and i will get u a gandstand seat wi a cup of tea and a scone
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: